I’ve been fooling around with the mobile version of this blog. It all started out with getting the home page to display the most recent post instead of the recent post list and just kinda spiraled out of control. I’ve put my version up: wp-mobile-style.zip, for those who might be interested. Stuff I was playing around with besides getting it to look like more than text:
- Lifted a bunch of stuff from the GAP recommendations and templates to make things a little less ugly
- Added back in the ?mobilenow hack I’ve been playing with to be able to validate things when doing adaptation
- Validates as XHTML Mobile
- Almost best practices, I needed to change the content format for the dotMobi ready report
- Got a 5 out of 5 on the MobileReady report
Still seems like it’s impossible to come up with a single page that passes all the tests and recommendation checks from the different areas. Would be great if that weren’t the case.
I’ve stopped using the direct mobile version plugin on this blog and started using the Mowser WordPress Mobile version instead. The Mowser version has the added benefit of mobilizing all outbound links as well.